Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fatkini Photos: Fat is the New Sexy

Fatkini Photos: Fat is the New Sexy


The trend has been fast changing. Just like what Vogue is promoting right now: "Good Health is Beautiful," women in all shapes and sizes can now proudly flaunt their bikini bodies.

Fashion blogger Gabi Gregg (known online as Gabi Fresh) whose advocacy includes showing women that bikinis are beautiful on all shapes and sizes, writes about plus-size styles for women sizes 14 and up, posted photos of her size-18 frame in a bikini, and received overwhelming applause and support from readers.

"Last month, for the second year in a row, I posted photos of myself in a bikini on my personal style blog. As a size 18, my swimwear posts tend to gain way more traffic than my regular outfit posts. I attribute this to the fact that our culture is so obsessed with having a 'beach ready bod,' that the mere idea of someone my size in a swimsuit, let alone a bikini, is shocking to most." Gregg wrote in her blog, adding: "Hopefully this gallery, which features lots of body diversity, proves that it's not only 'toned' fat girls who can feel confident hitting the beach in a two piece."

See Fatkini photo of Gabi Fresh below:

No comments:

Post a Comment